Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Literacy Challenge for Thursday - Rebus Stories and Puzzles

 Rebus stories or messages are a little bit like a code. They can be simple or very complex.

Here is a Rebus message I wrote. Can you read it? 

Here are some tricks to help you write a rubus message:
Try a simple message first: Can you hear me?  Hint: did you draw an ear and put an h in front of it?

Once you are happy you can do it, try a hard one.

There are examples online that you could look up. When I had a look I also found Rebus Puzzles which ARE puzzling but great fun.
That made me think it would be fun to add a rebus puzzle into your message. Check this one out:
The answers to the puzzles are: Once in my life, Forget it, Try to understand, Travel overseas, Breakfast, Downtown, Eyeshadow, Stepfather, Once upon a time, Potholes, 3D Movie, Top secret

Tākarokaro koutou!






No comments:

Post a Comment